Hello all! I came up with this idea of giving myself a project a month to help motivate me to get things done. If I can’t do one project in one month then I’ve got some problems! The great thing about this project is that it will cost me little to no money to do, so I have to no excuse! My first project for myself this year is to clear out our bigger guest bedroom. There’s no furniture in there (the furniture that is in there does not belong there!) so it’s kind of become a catch-all room. Womp womp! We had some family living with us early last year and this was the room they used. When they moved out we (Hubs and I) told ourselves that we weren’t going to put anything in that room until the room was done. It was all cleared out and then guess what happened?
It once again became a room full of JUNK.
Let’s take a look here…
1. and 2. are Christmas decoration boxes. (Yes, all those boxes in corner 2. are Christmas things.) This section will be easy to clear because all I have to do is put those boxes back into the attic. Pretty easy.
3. Those are all of the empty boxes from Christmas. I was going to just throw them out but then I thought I could use them to put the stuff in that I will not be keeping. I can throw all of my give-away things in there and haul it to the Goodwill. That way I don’t have to use all of my trash bags. =]
4. There are four dining room chairs in this room. We took the leaf out of the table downstairs and now I have too many chairs. I was thinking about putting them in the attic. Does anyone know if that’s a good idea or not?
5. An extra TV. Who complains about that? Me! We will probably eventually move this TV to the master bedroom. That TV used to be downstairs until my mom got us a bigger TV stand so that we could put our bigger TV downstairs. Movies really do look better on a bigger screen…. =]
6. That’s the elliptical. Ya, that was my New Years Resolution. To get back on the elliptical…
7. More Christmas stuff that needs to go into the attic. At least that’s an easy fix. I should clean out the wrapping paper holder first… Is there such thing as having too much wrapping paper?
8. My NEW (Christmas gift) sewing machine case. It needs some pizazz! Oh, and it needs to be cleared out of this room. That’s what this post is about right?
9. That little section of plastic you see over there – it’s one of those plastic three drawer things that I use to store my craft stuff. It works for now, but I would like to get another form of storage going on in this room.
10. An extra dresser?? That’s empty? Why am I complaining about storage when there is any empty dresser in my guest room? I forgot it was there. I stay out of this room to avoid the mess. =]
11. ANOTHER empty storage unit type of thing. Oh the possibilities.
Do you have any short term goals you want to accomplish?
UPDATE: Check out my progress HERE.