I am so excited! I got my first IPSY bag this past weekend!
For those of you that don’t know what IPSY is, let me explain. IPSY is a “beauty box subscription” that leans more towards make up (opposed to skin care, hair care, etc.). You can go to their site and join (use my referral code! – http://www.ipsy.com/r/bheb) by answering a few questions about your likes/dislikes (regarding make up products), hair color, skin texture, and so on, and then they personalize a monthly box of goodies for you, all for $10/month. I figured that ONE mascara can run about $8 in a drugstore, so for someone who likes to just play with makeup, why not spend $10 and get a handful of items, plus a make up bag (all IPSY bags are sent with a make up bag, not just a box!)! And who doesn’t love receiving fun packages in the mail?
So back to what I got:
Rebecca Minkoff Make Up Bag
Two sample sized items:
Carol’s Daughter Sacred Tiare Anti-Breakage and Anti-Frizz Styling Cream
Realtree (for her) perfume
And three FULL SIZED items:
NYX Butter Gloss – retails for $5.00
Nicka K New York Shimmer Eye Liner (in metallic blue) – retails for $4.99
OFRA Universal Eye Brow Pencil – retails for $13.00
So for $10 I actually got about $23+ worth of product. Sounds good to me!
Verdict – I would say I’m really happy with this bag! I think I’m overly excited about it, since it’s my first bag and all, but that’s okay! You have to admit that the make up bag is pretty cute!
– I probably won’t try the Carol’s Daughter hair product simply because I just purchased another product to work with anti-breakage and I want to give it time to “work” for me.
– The Realtree scent is actually really nice. I’m just not really a “perfume” girl. I like the lighter scents of regular body sprays.
– Lip gloss is always nice to have on hand and it seems like this particular one is a nice neutral-ish shade.
– The shimmer eye liner is so cute! I’m thinking about wearing it for July 4th!
– I don’t do my brows, but I can use the brow pencil as eyeliner.
So all in all, as far as the full size products go, nothing is “worthless” so I’m happy with it!
Are you subscribed to IPSY? What did you get?!