Remember my post last week with my to-do list? Well guess what? I actually got most of it done!
– I left a message with the salesman at the car dealership, but I’m realizing now that he didn’t call me back. So this one gets half a check mark. (Is that allowed?)
– I called USAA and the bill I got in the mail was sent to me before I called and made the changes, so that explains that. (My new bill is actually $17 cheaper. Yay!)
– I called about the property tax on my old vehicle (the one I no longer own) and bummer, I still have to pay it because technically the vehicle was mine at the time the notice was sent. Boo!
UPDATE: A few weeks later I went to pay the bill at the DMV and found out that I actually DON’T have to pay it! The bill was for the year ahead and since I no longer have the vehicle, it’s not my responsibility. AWESOME!
– I moved the paper files upstairs, which cleared the area behind the couch downstairs. Double score!
– I found a home for the blankets! I’ll show you in a minute.
– Dresser and dining table cleared off? Check and check!
– I got some more things together for the Goodwill drop off, but I didn’t actually make it to the Goodwill this weekend. So, half check mark? I think so.
Of course, I forgot to take a picture of my closet before, but just imagine your closet full to the brim, then put a bomb in there and set it off. Can you picture what my closet looked like now? Okay, good.
NOW, it’s organized and beautiful and I can actually walk in it.
When you walk into my bedroom, there’s a small “hallway” to the left that leads to the closet.
In the next picture I’m standing right at the door leading into the closet.
This middle area is a bunch of wasted space. I would like to get some hanging organizers (like from this post) to make better use of the space.
It’s a long narrow room with two hanging areas on the right (top and bottom) and one (top) hanging area on the left. The upper right holds coats, hoodies, jackets, etc. The shelf down the middle is our jeans/other bottoms. The area on the right holds Hubs’ work clothes, Hubs’ everyday shirts, and then my dresses in the back. The dresser you see on the right holds my camisoles and other misc. items.
Across the very top of the closet I have some things stored that I don’t need on an everyday basis. (Top to bottom pictures are actually right to left.)
1. Extra boxes for wrapping gifts (I’m thinking ahead to Christmas lol!). The clear case has all of my wallets.
2. The floral pretty storage bin is actually empty… impulse buy at Walmart clearance. The radio you see is my radio from childhood. I’ve probably had it since I was ten years old!
3. The white bags have my “designer” handbags and the diaper box holds my maternity clothes.
And then on the floor, under the left side (where the single top hanging area is) I have a bin of purses, my sewing machine, and the paper files I talked about earlier! Woohoo. I didn’t take an overall picture of the floor, but it’s so clear and feels wide open and I can actually easily walk back and forth! Before, there was stuff pushed to the side but it kind of jutted out into the walk area.
FINALLY cleaning/clearing out the closet made me feel so good! It was one of those tasks that just kept getting pushed farther and farther done my to-do list. The daily dishes and pick up of our living area downstairs always took priority and I guess since no one sees my closet but me, I felt like it was okay to just not do it. Needless to say that since I did do the closet (and it took a lot longer than I hoped because I had Peanut at home with me and he doesn’t nap…) the rest of the “daily” things didn’t get done until later that night. So when Hubs got home he looked around the living room (a mess) and kitchen (dishes everywhere) and said, “So… what did you do all day?” and that’s when I punched him.
And here’s a random picture I took of Hubs’ and Peanut watching fireworks that I will leave you with. If you made it all the way to the end of my post, you at least deserve a cute picture. (Peanut LOVED the fireworks by the way.)