After hearing a few times (around the web) that Walmart does a beauty box subscription, I decided to check it out for myself. I Googled “Walmart Beauty Box” and TA-DA! It’s a seasonal box and it’s $5 with free shipping. Sounds great to me!
I *think* the items are based on your age group, but I’m really not 100% sure. All I know is you pay $5 every 4 months and you get a box. (I’m also honestly not sure if this is the Winter or Spring box, but I signed up in the beginning of February.)
Here’s what I got:
Four sample sized items:
John Frieda Luxurious Volume
L’Oreal Paris Color Vibrancy
Dove Pure Care Dry Oil (for hair)
Neutrogena Healthy Skin Boosters (facial cleanser)
Two full sized products:
Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless
Hard Candy All Glossed Up Lip Crayon
For $5 I think this box is GREAT!
– I’m not 100% sure I’ll use these foil packets ONLY BECAUSE my hair is super short right now and my L’Oreal Paris Total Repair* shampoo is working just fine. BUT, these packets will be great for travel!
– I used the Dove oil last night and the directions say to apply it from “mid-shaft to ends”. Again, my hair is really short and I can’t grab it into a pony tail. I did rub some in my hands and try to distribute it through my hair, but I wasn’t a fan of how oil-y it felt. (I know that sounds silly because it IS an oil, but still.) :]
– I’m usually not a fan of new skincare products, but I am a fan on Neutrogena. I honestly feel like you can’t go wrong with their products. (I currently use the Neutrogena Naturals Fresh Cleansing + Make Up Remover*.) This Healthy Skin Boosters product claims to “boost softness, evenness, and radiance”. I’ve only used this for two days so far, but I definitely feel like my skin is super soft after using it. I may buy the full sized just to see how it works with the “evening and radiance” claim.
– Rimmel is probably one of my all time favorite mascara brands. I really enjoy the original version of Rimmel Lash Accelerator, but this Endless one is nice too. And I know for a fact that the retail price for this full sized version is around $9. (So right there’s my money back and then some.)
– Unfortunately, my lip crayon was broken when I opened it. It’s still usable, just broken (it broke off of the base and is a little smashed). The product is just okayyy. I’m not a fan of colored lip products unless they’re very hydrating (like Maybelline Baby Lips).
Overall this box is pretty awesome. For the $5 this box cost me, I can’t complain.
*Amazon Affiliate link